What is IACN?
Islamic Affairs Central Network (IACN) is a civil rights and media monitoring organisation, established in February 2003 and is based in Nottingham, United Kingdom. We recognise the negative image of Islam that is constantly portrayed and we believe this is due to the ignorance on the part of non-Muslims and the failure of Muslims to communicate with our non-Muslim friends. We also recognise that this often leads to the rights of Muslims being violated.
What does IACN do?
Combating Islamophobia through:
- Media monitoring
- Engaging in media response & rectification
- Empowering Muslims
- Monitoring and educating employers
- Offering Muslims legal representation
- Building bridges with city council and law enforcement agencies
- Consultation & Counselling services to employers and media professionals
- Removing commonly held misconceptions about Islam through:
- Inter-Faith gatherings
- School visits
Networking local mosques and Islamic centres
Improving the state of UK mosques
- Community engagement
- Accommodating women and children
- Mosque open days
- Instilling PR and communications skills
- Youth facilities
- Dialogue with local MPs
- Mobilizing the mosques to recognise and protect Muslim rights